Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gratitude is a gift worth sharing

.
Hi guys,

It's quarter to three in the afternoon and once again I am really tired. One of these days I'll give in and have an afternoon nap, but not yet! I mentioned peri-menopause on my other site "Spiritual Soapbox" (you can find the link on the right) and want to say the same thing here that I said there .. thank God for the Australian Menopause Centre http://www.menopausecentre.com.au/online/index.php, they took a muddled-headed me who struggled through mood swings, hot flushes and irrationality (and much more) most of last year (so appropriate that the last message here was on April Fool's Day) until a friend advised me to 'look them up' and their magic medicine changed my life.

So now I am back and this first blog is going to be about gratitude. So let's make a list.

Things I am grateful for:

Tom
Mum
my daughter
my son
the cats
the dog
chocolate biscuits
lime meringue pie that actually does what its supposed to do when you add the lime juice to the condensed milk (ok its silly, but the first pie didn't work)
You the reader
God
my angels
my teachers
my friends
the return of my enthusiasm, my energy, my ability to focus on a task
my gifts
being able to write
love .. that should be in capital letters LOVE
knowledge
wisdom
trust
hope
faith
charity
the mad desire to open a spiritual church
the sunshine after the rain
the rain after the sunshine
all this wind
all the rye grass even if it does make my eyes swell up
living in the orchard and not in some suburban block
LOVE again - the unconditional stuff we all try to achieve. Moments of it are like magic. They soothe the soul

Hmm.. I think that might do for now.

I said that Spiritual Soapbox is going to be for the challenges in life, and this site is for the joys .. sometimes it will end up being the complete reverse .. so if you want to keep up with me, you'll have to read both.

I shall now take my joyful self off and have a slice of pie
Wishing you the same,
Love & Light
Ama

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year 2011,to you and yours. My English blog has been as neglected last year as much asyours, but I will try to post at least one entry a week. No change here, more lessons still to learn. Peace, Light,Love, Patience, Trust N.

    ReplyDelete